Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year....January 2013

Welcome to our blog! I have done this before but it didn't really last very long so we are going to try it again. It's a new year, with a new year comes new year resolutions. Mine? I want to do better at writing down memories and things that happen. So I am really going to try hard to stay on top of this! So the name of this blog has to do with our sweet little girl, that was born in September! She fills our lives with sunshine and our hearts with LOVE! Before I get into a lot of detail with her let me start a while back... For as long as I can remember I have been "baby hungry". I think all girls look back and can remember when they had their first dolly and took care of it, "fed" it, dressed it, and loved it. I do remember some of those times. As my siblings got older and started having kids of their own I just loved being around them and babysitting whenever they would let me. Then i started getting older...Jr. High...High School...some college (more later)...I then chose to serve an LDS Mission. I was called to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I LOVED every minute of it. Of course I was nervous, I was scared but who wouldn't be? Being away from family, being sent to a place you've never visited before (I had to find Pennsylvania on a map because I didn't know exactly where it was.), knocking on strangers doors, but I learned so much and it made me grow in so many ways. I met so many wonderful, amazing people! I hope the relationships I made continue! The companions I had were amazing as well! Each one of them taught me so much and I look up to each and everyone of them! After I came home I was a typical RM, I was so bored, so lost as to what to do. I remember putting my room back together and cleaning and stopping in the middle and asking my mom what I should do because I was bored. I didn't have anything scheduled. ha ha. I eventually found a job that was perfect for a return missionary: I started work at a LDS Distribution Center. That is where I met my amazing husband...Cameron. Cameron wooed and wowed me when we were dating...He treated me like I was the only woman in the world. He left me roses in my car several times after work, filled my locker at work with tons of caramels because I said one time that I liked caramels, bought me ice cream, left little love notes on my car, built me a build a bear, he made me a cross stitch and many more things that made me fall deeply in love with him. He put so much effort into our relationship and I will forever be grateful to him for that. He proposed on February 18th, 2012 while we were out on one of our usual walks. We stopped at a park and there was a tube slide. He told me he would go down first and then I would go down and he would catch me at the bottom. So down he went and I to follow and let me tell you...he sure caught me...caught me by surprise that is! There he was down on one knee with ring in hand asking me to marry him! Of course I said yes!! We were married on July 8th, 2010 in the Oquirrh Mountain Utah LDS Temple! What an amazing day that was....I got to marry my best friend! I Love Cameron so so much, he is my better half, he is my strength when I have a hard day, he is my eternal companion, and more! I think after about 8 or so months of dating Cameron and I started talking marriage and kids. How many we wanted, names (yes we had a huge list for boys and girls), future plans, etc. I knew that I wanted kids as soon as we could, but i knew we had to take some time to get go know each other a little more. After about a year and a half we decided that we had reached the point where the only other thing to do was to start a family! YAY! We were so ready to be parents! We found out we were pregnant on January 9th, 2012, Oh my goodness we were so incredibly excited!! We were going to have a baby!! I took multiple pregnancy tests just to make sure that it said positive! Ha ha! I went through morning sickness like crazy....from week 7 to week 20 all day, everyday...morning ritual to the bathroom. ugh. We found out we were having a little girl on April 10th, 2012. Mommy's little girl was on her way. Our Little Susan Taylor was born on September 25th. What an incredible day! Loads of tears. Happy tears, excited tears, tears of overwhelming JOY! [FIRST WE HAD EACH OTHER THEN WE HAD YOU NOW WE HAVE EVERYTHING!] She is our pride and joy. She makes me so incredibly happy. I can't believe she's mine...ours! I'm a mommy! It is the most amazing responsibility! We love her so much! I can't believe the joy and the happiness she brings into our lives! She is smiling like crazy, and starting to make new noises! I have taken so many pictures of her making silly faces I just don't want to miss anything! She is growing like crazy....she turned 3 months old on Christmas. Wow how time flies! I Love holding her, kissing her and rocking her to sleep. I could look at her all day while she's awake and happy and all night while she sleeps. We want to give her the best life we can.....she deserves it! She's our precious little girl! Till next time....

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Can't wait to keep up on you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...I just realized I put 2012 as the year cameron proposed....thats not true. It was 2010. It was late while I wrote this.

    ReplyDelete