Sunday, January 13, 2013

Great times!

So here we are again! So today being Sunday you'd think I would be in church at this time (since we made the change to 9 am church). All three of us though have not been feeling 100% the last few days. It's sad. I hate being sick and I sure don't like it when the ones I love are sick. With Cameron being sick yesterday I sure got a lot done around the house...sometimes I just get into cleaning mode! I got the kitchen cleaned and dishes washed and all the laundry done and our room cleaned! Ahhh it feels so nice to have things clean! :) Little Suzie wan't feeling well...she had a stuffy nose and a little tiny cough. :( She was still super happy though. I think for the most part she just needed rest. Cameron put her to sleep around 5pm for a nap saturday night and she didnt wake back up till 7 am the next morning! 14 HOURS! I wish I could sleep that long. On Friday I had the chance to go to the Temple with a great friend! It really was exactly what I needed even if I didn't know it until after I went through. I hadn't been to the temple in a very very long time. In the back of my head I thought over and over again "Ok I need to go...this is when its going to happen." It never happened. We (me and my friend) finally set a day where we were going to go and we made it happen. We went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple...I hadn't been through that one since me and my husband got married! I Love going to the temple...it's a place where we can just get away from the world, feel the spirit of the Lord and get answers to our prayers! It's such an amazing thing to be there in the house of the Lord! Cami (my friend) and I decided that we are going to set a day every other month to go to the temple with friends...make it a girls night out! :) I Loved being there! After the temple we got dinner...but I had forgotten my money. :( Cami to the rescue! :) I felt so bad...but I guess I can blame it on mommy brain. I guess my brain doesn't work quite like it used to! ha ha. We went to Applebee's. It was really nice to just sit and talk and catch up with Cami! I think it's been a long time since her and I have just sat down and talked. We talked about memories from high school, friends we knew, each other, our families, etc. Sometimes it's just really nice to talk to a friend that is a girl....not that I don't love talking to my husband but it's just nice to have girl to girl time. So thank you Cami! I hope we have many more of those times! :) So I don't know why but I really wanted to write about our Christmas this year...and since it's my blog I can write about whatever I want. ha ha. :) This Christmas was different...We welcomed our first baby into our lives! We Loved having her here celebrating with us. This year I had a few people ask me what I wanted for Christmas but I told them that I really didnt need anything or want anything. This year I cared more about my little Suzie then myself. I wanted her to have the best Christmas! I could have cared less if I got any gifts...as long as she was loved and taken care of, that would be my Christmas gift! She did get some new things: outfits, toys and a picture of Christ holding a little child that we hung up in her room! Even though she doesn't understand yet about Christmas and gift giving and receiving I always want to instill in her the true meaning of Christmas! I always want to have a nativity somewhere in our home out all year long! Why only put the Christ Child and his family out once a year!? This year in our ward I was able to be a part of the Relief Society program. They focused on the women in Christ's life! I was asked to read Mary the Mother of Jesus Christ. Whoever wrote these parts did a magnificent job. Maybe it was because I had just had a baby but I almost cried during my part. Let me just include a little: "Motherhood is a sacred thing, the opportunity to form a partnership with God in providing a mortal temple for the spirits of His Children. Mary was blessed among women for she was chosen by God to bring the Savior, Jesus Christ into the world. The Love of a mother for her child is pure and undefiled. (In Mary's words): Like you, I cared for the child I loved. He taught me of life and of Love, of this world and the next; partly because He was the Christ, mostly because He was a child." What a wonderful thing it is to be a mother...and a father! We as parents partner with God to help raise and nurture one of his sweet spirit children. He trusts us enough to send one down to us and we need to love it like he loves us. Amazing! Cameron and I are sure trying our best! Cameron is an excellent father who adores his baby girl, he takes care of her, watches her when I have girl's night, feeds her, plays with her, reads her stories, etc. I couldn't have asked for a better father for my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment